Level 4 Group Triple P Provider Training Course
A broad-based parenting intervention delivered over eight weeks for parents of children up to 12-years. The program involves five (2-hour) group sessions of up to 12 parents. Parents actively participate in a range of exercises to learn about the causes of child behavior problems, setting specific goals, and using strategies to promote child development, manage misbehavior, and plan for high-risk situations. Then there are three (15 to 30 minute) individual (telephone) consultations to assist parents with independent problem solving while they are practicing the skills at home.
The Group Triple P Provider Training consists of a 3-day training workshop and a half-day accreditation workshop. you will learn how to deliver Group Triple P to parents, as well as:
• Application of key parenting strategies to a broad range of target behaviors.
• Risk and protective factors operating within families.
• Strategies for promoting generalization and maintenance of behavior change.
• Use of active skills training strategies in a group format.
• Group dynamics and common process issues.
• Telephone support consultations with parents.
• Identification of indicators suggesting more intervention is required.
• Appropriate referral procedures
At training, you will receive:
• Facilitator’s Kit for Group Triple P (includes Facilitator’s Manual, CD with Group Triple P PowerPoint presentations, and Every Parent’s Group Workbook).
• Every Parent’s Survival Guide [DVD].
For more information, see Group Triple P Course Summary.
Map / Location
From: Wednesday, 15 August 2018
To: Friday, 17 August 2018