Level 4 Group Triple P Provider Training Course
A broad-based parenting intervention delivered over eight weeks for parents of children up to 12-years. The programme involves:
• five (2-hour) group sessions of up to 12 parents.
• Parents actively participate in a range of exercises to learn about the causes of child behaviour problems, setting specific goals, and using strategies to promote child
development, manage misbehaviour, and plan for high-risk situations.
• Then there are three (15 to 30 minute) individual (telephone) consultations to assist parents with independent problem solving while they are practising the skills at home.
The Group Triple P Provider Training consists of a 3-day training workshop and a half-day accreditation workshop. You will learn how to deliver Group Triple P to parents, as well as:
• Application of key parenting strategies to a broad range
of target behaviours.
• Risk and protective factors operating within families.
• Strategies for promoting generalisation and maintenance
of behaviour change.
• Use of active skills training strategies in a group format.
• Group dynamics and common process issues.
• Telephone support consultations with parents.
• Identification of indicators suggesting more intervention
• Appropriate referral procedures.
At training, you will receive:
• Facilitator’s Kit for Group Triple P (includes Facilitator’s Manual, CD with Group Triple P PowerPoint presentations, and Every Parent’s Group Workbook).
• Every Parent’s Survival Guide [DVD].
For more information, see the Group Triple P Course Summary on our website:
Map / Location
From: Monday, 10 December 2018
To: Wednesday, 12 December 2018