A five week course for fathers, mothers & carers of children aged 2-12 y.o. Please register online. Learn how to set limits and build co-operation while you strengthen your relationship with your child. Stop yelling and start having more fun with your kids.
Register at (http://bit.ly/Setting-Limits-Parenting-Course) or click on the link at the lower right hand side of this page: "URL Visit Website".
Limit setting can be a positive experience for you & your child! We believe that it is possible to set limits with your children in ways that improve your relationship & bring you closer. “Because I love you!” is a good enough reason – come and learn how to embed it in the way you set limits. You can help your children do the right thing, to behave sensibly & with good judgement and you can build the good, safe, trusting relationship that you want with them, so that as they get older, they want to be around. You are, after all, in this for the long haul.
Have you been struggling with limit setting? Do you feel you are locked in a constant battle with your children about how and when things will get done? Are your children constantly testing the limits? Are you running thin on patience?
- Testing & Requesting: learn how limit testing behaviours are actually a child’s request for help.
- Investing: today’s limit setting is for tomorrow – working towards connected adolescence.
- Connecting: your kids want to be close to you – simple tools for building the trust with your kids that you will need in order to effectively set limits and build co-operation.
- Expecting Upsets: children’s emotional explosions are often an important part of limit setting. Get practical, parent-tested tools for handling them.
- Repairing: When things have gone wrong – how to get yourself back on track, and set things right with your kids.
In this course you will learn about Hand in Hand Parenting Listening Tools to use for yourself and with your children. Over time these Listening Tools give us greater flexibility in responding to children in ways that resolve emotional tensions & restore their co-operation & good judgement.
Madeleine is a parent who has been working with families for many years. Her work is based on Hand in Hand Parenting. You may find this video interesting: (http://bit.ly/limits_are_a_gift)
Our work is based on Hand in Hand Parenting: helping put your relationship with your child at the centre, & providing practical, parent-tested guide for dealing with difficulties & challenges.
2-3 - Toddlers
4-5 - Children
5-12 - Children
Lakemba School As Community Centre, Lakemba School as Community Centre, in the grounds of Lakemba Public School, Alice Street
Lakemba, Sydney District
Wednesday, 31 October 2018
Wednesday, 28 November 2018
9:15 AM - 11:30 AM
Please contact the organisers if your children are not used to being away from you.
to download the 18_10_31 LAK2018 Limit Setting Course Hand in Hand Parenting - MSW Oct 2018.pub.pdf